Trading As A Business – Your Spring Cleaning Checklist
Now that Spring is here – it’s time for some good ol’ spring cleaning.
I’m not talking about cleaning out your closet – I’m talking cleaning out your trading business.
As you may know from what I publish, I am a firm believer in how to make everything in life more simple.
When you have clutter it’s so much more difficult to focus and get stuff done. You get distracted and a distracted mind gets you into trouble.
YOUR SPRING CLEANING CHECKLIST
Here are some things to help you clean up your trading, simplify and get laser-focused..
- Guru Cleanse: Unsubscribe from any “trading” email list that does not provide value. If they only “pitch” and try to sell to you without providing something worthwhile – get off the list immediately. It only distracts you from your goals.
- Donate Books: I LOVE reading business and trading books. But once I go through them and put the highlights into a notebook, I’m done. There’s no need to have them all over my office. The size of your library doesn’t impress me, it’s the action you take on what you learn that gets you results. Donate them to your local library.
- Clean Your Inbox: Try to get it down to zero. Setup folders and delete old emails. You’ll be amazed how much better you feel.
- Clean Your Desktop: Get all the old files off your desktop. Put them into a 5 or 6 main folders and, then subfolders from there. Buy an external hard drive and get those files off your computer hard drive.
- Clean Your Desk: Only keep what you need every day on your desk. For me, it’s my laptop, a composition notebook (my to-do list), and my cell phone. That’s it.
- Clear Your Mind: Focus on just ONE THING. I don’t care what it is. Whether it’s making your system better or focusing on your execution. Or running your operation like a real business. Just do that one thing and don’t get distracted with other “ideas”.
- Get Your Self in Shape: OK, this isn’t really “spring cleaning”, but you’ll never reach your highest level of success until you get into top physical condition. Make better eating choices and break a sweat every day. It’s not always easy, but it’s pretty simple.
There you go.
Some practical strategies to get clarity and simplify your trading business.
P.S. This message today is just part of treating your trading as the business that it is.
The better you make your business, the easier it is to run and the more security and freedom it will provide. And it all starts and ends with you, as the owner/manager and trader in your business.